Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sofia the First - Once Upon a Princess Party

Are you a fan of Disney Jr?     We are! 

 We were so excited when we were asked to host a Sofia The First - Once Upon a Princess 
Party
(thanks to Houseparty.com and Disney Jr.)



I took the colors from the poster that they gave us...went with Purple and Yellow for main colors and pink to accent a little. 

I embellished the crowns with some jewels

Using my every-so-friendly IKEA Frames and some glass (plastic slippers)
Loving the paper fringe from Party On Designs also.


I used the polka dot cupcake papers and made some crowns on my Silhouette SD machine to bring
them to life!  Making this tower to help set the Palace Theme was fun. Using an oatmeal container
and a cone from a craft store. I covered with washi tape, paper and fringe.

These are the beautiful fabric backpacks that the guests were given. Filled with fun goodies.

Paper Poms from Party On Design


Embossed Disney Jr Napkins

They provided cups for all. Straws from Pick your Plum



I set the table for crafts in the beginning of the party as guests arrived.  Once that was finished, they moved to the playroom for the Premiere of Sofia the First.








Premiere Time.







It was a wonderful time with the Princesses and Princes! 




Watch the blog at the end of the week for your chance to win a Sofia The First 
Party Prize Pack! 

Linking to:



Credits:
Styled, Planned and Photographed by: Melissa Newell
Paper Poms, Paper Fringe: Party On Design
Cupcake Stand: Cupcake Stand



30 comments:

  1. love your cookie choice and again all the colors you used. I am going to have to go to disney jr.com and print out that pic for my dd to color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Yes they had plenty of fun activities you could print out! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Where can i get the crowns??? I luv them and i cant seem to find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miria - thank you for stopping by! The crowns were provided by Disney Jr for my party. They were a sponsor of it. Sorry 8(

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sorry Miria - same...came from disney jr and houseparty.com

      Delete
    2. So many cute ideas, thanks!!! I found the plates and napkins here www.sofiathefirstpartysupplies.ca for anyone else who is still looking for them :)

      Delete
  4. Love it! What is the name of the cookies you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I get them to sponsor my party?! =]

      Delete
    2. Hi - you would need to sign up at houseparty.com and fill applications out. I am not sure if they will be doing another Sofia party.

      Delete
  6. How did you make the cookies? My daughter is having a Sofia the First themed birthday and I would love to make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Alexia - the cookies are store bought. I found them in the cookie isle. I forgot the name but the box is Orange and Brown.

      Delete
    2. Do you have any idea what the brand of the cookies is? I'm assuming you are in Canada as I saw one of the websites you referenced so I'm not sure if I can buy them in the US or if I need to order online? Please help! :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Kourtney - we live in NY (By NYC) and I found them at our local grocery store Shoprite. They are in the cookie section by the Archway cookies and Stella Dora Breadsticks (fancy stuff). They are in a orange box. When I shop next time I will find out name of them for you and come back to post! 8)

      Delete
  7. Hi there! I am planning a Sofia the First party for my daughter's first birthday and I'm wondering if these party supplies are available for sale anywhere! I'm desperately looking for Sofia themed stuff...can't find anything:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you can find cupcake toppers and crowns to print off at disneyjr.com. And othe coloring pages. I would go with the colors like I did with purple and yellow. You can make a few things also.

      Delete
  8. amazing! i love this, i need buy all the products.... pleaseee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I am sorry I dont have them for sale. But you can go to disneyjr.com and find products!

      Delete
  9. thank you so much for you response, :( please i need all the products... in special Paper Poms.. love this theme

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely love your party theme. My niece loves Princess Sophia and your ideas are great! where did you get the cookies and the cupcake wrappings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi = thank you. The cookies were from our local grocery store and the cupcake wrappings were from some website a long time ago. Sorry could not help you more.

      Delete
  11. Hi, Where the backpacks from Disney Jr as well? I'm would love to be able to get sone if they were not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - yes they were from Disney Jr. I have not seen them anywhere.

      Delete
  12. Just an FYI for everyone that was looking for the Tiara's and the Crowns, I found them!!! You can go to the Disney Junior website and click on the Sophia the First character an then go to the color and create pages. They are available to print in the one listed Royal Activity Kit! Just print, tape together, and laminate!! Their perfect for any Sophia the first party! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sierra
    I tried looking for them in DISNEY JR. and I don't see them!! Can you assist!! I really want them for my daughters 4th birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What exactly are you looking for on Disney Jr website?

      Delete
  14. Very nice post for princess theme party and princess is a best theme for girls party Theme party planners Faridabad.

    ReplyDelete