Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fourth of July Tablescape Ideas Easy DIY



Only 1 month until we celebrate the Fourth of July!  

 I am over at Catch My Party sharing my easy DIY Ideas for taking your Fourth of July Tablescape from Adult theme to the children's theme in no time and within a tight budget!

Adult Tablescape and Light Menu



Using a vintage linen tablecloth that I picked up on one of my off-the-beaten path antique excursions was a no-brainer for this party.  I have been dying to use it and thought it was great with this theme.  It adds that little "old fashion" inspiration I was looking for. 

A simple setting with layered plates and tin patriotic buckets kept this red, white and blue theme going throughout the party. 


The star tin buckets not only hold their cloth napkins (which I love to use in small intimate gatherings) but they also hold their eco friendly wooden utensils and a flag fan to help keep them cool on the hot day.  

For the adult menu:  I would be serving a light fruit parfait with a green salad with slices of skirt steak with a balsamic reduction on it.  Dessert would be a cool sherbet.  

Children's Tablescape and Menu



First order of business is to get those plates out of the way and replace them with some disposable fun colored plates. 

 The only thing I did to the tin bucket is put some strawberry licorice in there to give it that childlike flair. 


Adding a fun and festive centerpiece of dollar store gumball holders filled with color coordinated gumballs did the trick.   

I love the patriotic buttons for the children.


Besides the fun cupcakes, I would serve the children cold watermelon wedges on sticks, assorted veggies with dips and sandwich wraps, sliced thin. 
 

Affordable Fourth of July entertaining is easier than you think! 

Until next time - Party On Friends!


Linking to:



Credits: 
Party Styled and Photographed by: Melissa Newell
Flag Fans: Oriental Trading
Patriotic Pins: Dollar Tree
Star Plates: Dollar Tree
Star Tins: Dollar Tree
Gumball Holders: Dollar Tree



4 comments:

  1. So many fun ideas!! I love the gumball machines and tin buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your party decor ideas. The gumball machines are a stroke of genius. I have subscribed to your blog. I am looking forward to many more charming party ideas..... Candy from Plum Creek Place

    ReplyDelete